Tuesday, March 9, 2010

YSL Faux Cils

I’ve complained about the amount of snow and bad weather in my first post, but WTF? Look what happened in two weeks!

My dream of chilling on a beach is not far behind because for the past couple of days, it feels as if spring is already here. The weather is nowhere as nice as it probably is in Cali or Florida, but I am so happy about this weather that I really don’t care about the beach anymore, as long as the weather stays like this.


To go along with the eye theme, one of my favorite volumizing mascara is the YSL Faux Cils in High Density Black. The price is a steep $30, and I warn you now, if you already have long lashes, you are not going to get much length from this mascara. The wand is smaller compared to the bigger ones, such as Diorshow or the Prestige, and there is a slight floral scent, which isn't overpowering. I haven't had any flaking, but have had slight smudging problems when I don't have the Dr.Fiver on. But this is natural because almost all mascara smudge on me when it comes into contact with my oily skin. This is what my natural lashes look like.


This is with one coat on curled lashes. Excuse my wonky eye.


Two coats.


No flaking or smudging with a slight floral scent, that I can tolerate. While for me this will not be a staple in my makeup drawer (too Pricey), but my sister states that she would repurchase this. On her, she claims that this mascara gives her the effect of tight lining without a eyeliner, so she can wear this without any other makeup. For me, I prefer the Maybelline Colossal Mascara over this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment