Friday, March 12, 2010

Shine Baby

Get your highlighters out. No not the yellow… I have an obsessive compulsion to mark every single line in my text, but don’t really need… highlighter, but the let your skin glow and shine ling of highlighter. I couldn’t stay away from Benefit and to my shame I ended up getting the Legally Bronze kit ($35), from Sephora. I didn’t get the eye bright, that I still am lemming, but instead I fell in love with the full sized products. FULL SIZE, in case you didn’t get that, FULL SIZE. I wanted the high beam, but restrained myself because of all the other highlighters that I’ve been picking up to assuage my craving for it, but failed. Epic Fail. So while I wait for it to come in the mail, I will flame the fires of guilt and look at what I do have.

After I put on my foundation, I usually put this on my cheekbones and down my nose. The Smashbox Artificial Light, Flash, Luminizing Lotion gives a metallic sheen to my face, and for some reason I would describe this as fluorescent. I really don’t see any shimmer when I blend this in, but it does give a bright sheen to the face. I put a dot of it on my arm and next to it, I blended some out.

Then I put Revlon’s Mineral Finishing powder on top of it with an extremely light hand. This stuff can make you look too glittery if you use a heavy swipe with your brush. Despite the finishing powder label, I will not put this all over my face and reserve that treat for one of my favorite highlighters of all time


Revlon, I’mma let you shine but Guerlain is the best finishing powder of all time. Of all time (Kanye moment). It may look like a glittery mess, but don’t be fooled, when blended with a big brush all over your face lightly, I glow. Not glitter, but glow and my skin instantly looks better, and I’ve gotten many a compliments. It has a old lady floral smell but screw it.

One product that looks decent but I can’t get over the texture and how heavy it feels, is the WetnWild Mega Glo. It feels like I’m putting something sticky on my face and it doesn’t blend well. At first I thought that this was a powder, but nope it a sticky mess. It’s currently discontinued and I can see why.

So in honor of my new and coming Benefit’s High Beam. That was a showing of my highlighters and we more than welcome High Beam it into our family. Should I also extend the welcome at for the Bronzer as well?

0 comments:

Post a Comment