Friday, May 25, 2012

A quick review on Sally Hansen's Creme Hair Bleach

When I was a child, I once tried shaving my face with my dad's razor and had my hands slapped away but not before I lathered up and managed to shave one side of my face. I've never noticed things like facial hair, but once I started getting vainer, I started to pay more attention to my face. Now, I pluck my eyebrows and my armpits and I really don't have much hair on other parts of my body to worry about. But since that childhood incident, I've noticed a fuller upper stasche on one side of my face. I refused to shave my lovely mane, can't pluck because of the pain and am too broke for electrolysis. 

So unless someone has better ideas, I bleach. This is my second box of  Sally Hansen's Creme Hair Bleach and it's lasted me for about a year. This seems to be a newer packaging but a bit improved and burns a lot less. Follow the packaging directions and this was my experience. 


It took eight minutes and since it was right under my nose, you can smell the bleach. It's not enough to get your nose watering but you do notice a scent. The previous package burned and left bumps on my upper lip but not this one. No bumps and it seems to be stronger than before. I had stubborn hair at the upper corner of the mouth that the older one didn't really get but this worked well. It tells you to mix a certain amount but that always ended up to be too much for me. So I just eyeballed the measurements and don't have any problems. Now the bad part. It is a bleach and it does bleach the skin. There was a lighter outline of my mustache on my skin where the bleach touched it and it took about two to three days to get rid of it on the skin. Another bad thing... Look,

(photo taken day after)
you can see that my hair has turned white, not invisible. I'm pale enough on the lower portion of my face to get away with this but if you are a darker skinned human being, then no suck it up and get it removed some other way. This is pretty close but when at respectable personal space distance, it's not that bad.Other than that, this is probably the only way to make my mustache unnoticeable.

Anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble at home and am really cranky 24/7. Mood swings when I'm not PMSing or menopausal means that you should stay far away from me. I'm also trying to make Bboppki at home but yeah...

0 comments:

Post a Comment