Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quick Look At Personal Favorite Spring Nail Polishes

In the springtime I always have nail polish on my hands and feet. For some reason, it makes me feel better and happier when I have it on. During the winter I tend to wear a lot of darker colors but during the spring and summer I just put on anything. Now, this isn't a trends list where I put in what's hot but more of my personal classic polishes that I wear. These are my top 5. 

 Now let me tell you beforehand that the camerawork and the application  can look a bit shoddy, especially the last one so bear with me. This is also a non in-depth look so don't expect descriptions and reviews. Sorry. 

The first one is Essie's Aruba Blue. Now this is more of an on your toes rather than you hands kind of  a color but this is my favorite out of all five. It reminds me of tropical beaches and is so mesmerizing to look at. It just has a beautiful sheen that I adore. 

This is Sephora Opi's High Maintenance. It's a bright red with an orange tinge to it that looks great on all skin tones. It  just pops on your nails and is bright and fun and just looks great. It's not a vampy or deep red but reminds me of the color of ladybugs. Weird. 

Next is a not so bright pale pink that's from the Face Shop called PK108 (lol original name) topped with two coats of Sinful Color's Pinky Glitter (straight to the point names for these polishes). This is a childish, chock full of glitter that looks almost like fake press on nails, but ... that's the reason why I like it. I know that the base pink may be harder to find but Essie's Fiji looks similar to this. Just get any bright baby pink.

I got so may compliments and questions sbout this color. Sephora Opi's Midnight Mambo. This is a real pain in the ass to remove but I refuse to ever put it to rest because it looks so great. People thought that my nails looked fake but they all loved it and asked where I purchased it. This looks even better with Aruba Blue as a base and then two coats of this on top.

 Last but not least is Mint Candy Apple from Essie. This was my must have color that was sold out everywhere I went. I ended up buying 5 look a likes but wasn't satisfied util I got this color. It makes my pale skin look paler.

A tip for all of you who can't apply polish well is to make friends with thinner and top coat. Most polished will be too hard to apply, especially is they are on their last legs. Put in a little thinner and it brings the polish back to a watery consistency, which makes for an easier application. Also, make sure that your nails are mostly dry before applying top coat. You can easily put a dent or streak up you polish if it's still wet. I always put a big glob of top coat to smooth out any messes that I've made.

Now my all time favorite polish ever would be Essie's Wicked. I could wear that color all the time and would not get sick of it. It also happens to be my mother's favorite color as well. Is anyone else dumbstruck on what to get for Mother's Day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment