Friday, June 1, 2012

Quick Park Avenue Princess Bronzer from Tarte

No ramblings to day, just straight to business. I got this from a friend who received it from a 500 perk set. This ended up being too light for her and she passed it on to me. It is a non overtly shimmery bronzer from Tarte and while I do enjoy it, I can't wear it as a bronzer. It retails for $29.00... Ouch.


This is the flashed picture, which shows how shimmery it is. No glitter but just light shimmer that gives a great glow. However, make sure to use this sparingly, just in case.

 This is the no flash color and this color looks to be a bit more true to what you might see. However, when you swatch it, it doesn't seem to be too dark on the skin.

 With flash you can barely see the color on my hand. It's a pretty noticeable color that would show up nicely on light to medium skin but not much use for darker colors. It lasted for a good amount of time on my skin but it is't really sweat proof.

 See, is it me or does it seem to look orangey on the skin? I swatched my Sephora bronzer against it and my Sephora bronzer looks coppery too. I don't know what's happened but maybe I haven't been getting enough carrots in my diet. I noticed that both the Sephora and Tarte bronzers break me out when applied to the hollows of my face. While I no longer really have a use for the Sephora bronzer, I use the Tarte one as a light glowy blush on my skin. I really brightens up my skin and for some reason doesn't break me pout when applied to my cheeks. Would I but this for over $30(tax)? Heck naw. It's too hot for  makeup here anyway.

In conjunction to Memorial Day, NYC had fleet week. My friend and I went the day after memorial day so it wasn't busy but the ship she wanted to see had already sailed from port. I saw a good mix of men and women along but families as well. It was so hot that I blotted and sweat my makeup off. The train station was really far from the ships and I got blisters. My friend teased me by telling me that I deserved it because I was wearing crocs. No! Croc sandals are good for short distances and they are really comfy while being squishy.

 Saw a lot of helicopters as well as guns just scattered for everyone to pick up. I have a weird thing about guns and didn't want to hold one but my friend was all COD and loved it. Telling me about the heft and the range... Like I care. It wasn't loaded but she made a comment about just pistol whipping people with it, I just backed away from her with one eye on her while having the other one search for a safe exit point.

 Everyone on the ships were all so very nice and it was great to see all the guys in uniform. Drool.

 There was also a guided tour of the other ship and we saw and learned a lot.




That was how I spent my Monday. I'm also trying to change up my diet for summer and I'm doing a bit of a lifestyle change with my diet. I don't know if I can actually manage to change it but you know... Cross your fingers and wish me the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment