Friday, October 7, 2011

Fooled Again

Curse you to the darkest pits of hell! Whoever created the night gold colors from Nars has made the worst shadows that I have ever had. Maybe I'm just not talented enough to use them to their fullest potential, but your base clientele can't all be makeup aficionados, some have to be fumbling dolts like myself.

Sephora currently has two single eyeshadows for $8 each called Night Sun and California. Night Sun is the gold and California is the bronze. I first saw this and quickly put this in the cart, secretly hoping that no one else knew about this, but after seeing Night Sun, you can damn well keep your over priced gold turd!

Previously I made a begrudging semi good review on Silent Night eyeshadow, that I had to learn to love. When I got the package today and compared the two...

Can you tell the difference? The one on top is Night Sun, which is a bit yellower and the lower is Silent Night.
Both has piss poor pigmentation and an incredible amount of fallout of gold flecks. The Night Sun is a bit better because it has gold shimmer falling out instead of the chunks that I'm used to, so thanks for that. I am done with you Nars when it comes to gold shadows. You hear that? DONE

California is the color you might want to try out because it is purty. However, it seemed like a color that I already have in my hoarder's cave of makeup.

It's a nice reddish, rusty, coppery color that is smooth and satiny without being too shimmery. But I have about three different colors that look similar to it, so I don't know if it is necessary...
On the left is California and on the right is the copper color from the Nyx trio. Similar, but the Nyx color seems to be bit more shiny and shimmery. I like that the Nars is a bit muted down. The color isn't so unusual that I have to have it, nor is it everyday worthy so I'm stuck in limbo. It's an extremely sad day in loling town when the samples of perfume excite me more than the actual paid order.

Sorry for posting one right after another, you know I'm a hard to get kind of girl, but I don't know if they'll be sold out. Come and get your polished piece of **** and California eyeshadows while you can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment