Thursday, April 7, 2011

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask

I love exfoliating my face and I don't have a Clarasonic but I do have those face scrubbers that I bought at Sephora for about $5. I only use it about twice a month because it tends to strip my face a bit, but I love that squeaky clean feeling. Instead I tend to use a mild scrub about once a week. After the disaster with the crunchy scrub, an hearing nothing but good things from the Skin Food brand, I was excited to try this. The Skin Food Black Sugar Mask cost about $10 and can be bought from ebay. It's sturdy and I leave this in my shower but water doesn't get in. It has a odd fake cola scent but I find it ok rather than annoying. After you wash it off, you can't even smell it. It has sugar granules which is supposed to exfoliate the face and it does an decent job. But the mask tends to harden and I have to make a point to dig in with my nails to get this stuff out of the tube. I have getting this under my nails because I have pretty long nails.

You can see the sugar, which melt on your face as your washing but I don't see an improvement on my skin. It doesn't really brighten up my skin after I exfoliate, so that means that it'snot really doing it's job.
I am not too fond of this scrub and probably will not be repurchasing. I find that there are probably other products at a drugstore price that could do abit better. For instance, the Mint Julep scrub is pretty good and probably half the price. I still like the brand, and I have their cheek and lip sliders, which I adore, but this one is not my thing. Sorry Skin Food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment