Saturday, April 30, 2011

Laura Geller's Baked to Go Blush-n-Brighten in Sunswept

Last year Sephora had this great sampler called the "Sephora Favorites Glitz & Glam Shimmer and Shine Deluxe Sampler", and all of the products there were great. It had everything you needed to make your body glisten and shine, especially with a sample of Guerlain's face illuminator. I snatched that set up quickly after camping in front of the computer with the refresh button all worn out, beaming with undeserved pride. Goodness, buying makeup is a addictive and dangerous habit.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but this was truly a good deal. While I still love those products, it seems that i have out grown of love with this blush. Laura Geller's Baked to Go Blush-n-Brighten in Sunswept came in a 1.8g container at $26.

With swirls of dark and light browns and a shiny raspberry and baby pink, it was smooth and one of my favorite blushes.
No glitter but it does shimmer quite a bit so take a light hand with this because it is also fairly pigmented.

Without Flash
There are many variations you can make with this blush but the three main colors were the two browns and one pink with no flash. On the bottom is how the three colors swirled together look like. However, when you apply this blush you get mainly a golden color rather than any of the pink. I had to find a rare small strip of untouched pink in order to swatch because while this blush may look mainly pink, you can't really get it to show up on your face.

With Flash
You get a bronzeish gold colored blush rather than any pink and right now, my tastes don't lean to those colors anymore. I think its time to retire this one to my eyeshadow rather than blush collection. I don't want to waste it and I've always heard that recycling is the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe this would look better on darker skinned ladies but now that I'm aiming for the pale trend this summer, yes I want to be pale in the summer, this is not for me.

Is it me or was this review boring as hell? Although I doubt hell could be boring but... I don't know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment