Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Etude House Proof 10 Review

During the winter I've used liquid liners since I don't get really oily and its easier for me to use a liquid and slap on some eyeliner rather than go searching for a brush to put on a cream liner. I've been using the Etude House Proof 10 liquid liner since I've had great success with their Dr. Fixer for my mascara and was hoping to find a budge proof eyeliner. Ebay had this for about $12 and although I didn't realize this, but this is pretty expensive for a Korean drugstore eyeliner. I adore this brand for its childish and over the top girly packaging but realized that this is considered a teen oriented drugstore brand in Korea, and in America I would never spend this much money on a drugstore eyeliner. If I was in Korea, this wouldn't be a problem but factoring in the shipping costs and wait time, unless I know this is a product I can't live without (Dr. Fixer)I don't need it. Geez, talk about a epiphany.

Forward Ho!
It comes in a sleek black plastic container with a long handle. I know that Etude almost always had pink in their packaging and was surprised to find this totally devoid of flashy colors. The formula is a bit wet and dried quickly on my lids without a lot of fanning. The black color is fairly dark and it went on smoothly.
While the handle is long, the brush itself is a bit stubby and short. While the tip is flexible, the rest of the brush is firm and won't really budge during application. It was easy to use and because of the fine tip of the brush, I was able to get a good thin or thick line depending on how I lined my lids.

I put this on about 8 in the morning and in the picture, you will notice that my crease is heavy and my eyes fold exactly where the the crease is. This has caused me many a burden because my liner always ends up touching my lids and I end up getting black liner in my crease. Whether or not getting liner on my crease is the true test of a a liner's durability

I put on eyeshadow without primer and mascara and just curled my lashes so that I know that if I get raccoon eyes, the liner is the culprit. Remember I told you about the crease test, well this failed. At around 6pm, my crease had a big rainbow shaped line that was not attractive. It stayed on the lash line but smudged its way to the top.
Now as for the smudging on the bottom, nothing really happened although I did manage to see one or two flaking, this didn't move a lot considering I went to the gym and worked out a bit. Not bad after 10 hours.
Removal was easy with just some soap and gentle rubbing. I've also tried this with primer and if combined, it didn't have the creasing problem that I've mentioned before. It's a pretty good eyeliner if you're able to get it for a cheap price in Korea, but otherwise I won't get it again. Now that the weather is getting hotter, I have to start using my Wet n Wild cream liner again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment