Thursday, April 21, 2011

Opulent Alchemy

I love to buy perfumes but they can be a bit pricey even when buying them in roller ball form. I was scouring through Etsy when I saw this seller called Opulent Alchemy. The store sold perfumes that were dupes of the original perfumes sold in Sephora. Now, I was a bit skeptical but when I saw the selection of perfumes and price, I couldn't resist.

I got the 12 vials for about $12 and got to pick which scent I wanted from their list. I already had a couple that I was eying at Sephora and knew what they smelled like so I took the plunge. They came quickly and well packaged in what seemed like a crap load of tissue paper. Not a single one came damaged and I was pleasantly surprised. For the size reference I put it next to a Coke can.
It seems pretty small, but it would take me a while to use one and I also paid about $1 a vial including shipping so it was a great bargain. I ended up getting Juicy Couture, Dior and Bvlgari along with many others. The seller also sent me a free vial of perfume.
All of them fit on my hand and are each marked with their names so I never worry about which one is which. As for the smell, it smelled similar to the original perfume. It wasn't 100% but honestly I would give it a 95% for the smell. It's like finding an eyeshadow dupe that may be the same shade but not the same finish or not as soft.

Now don't do what I did and start sniffing all the vials at the same time like a drug dog and restrain yourself. I put on the DKNY apple on me in the afternoon and it lasted until I fell asleep so the staying power is pretty good for about seven hours.
Now the only bad part is the vials themselves. It gets a bit harder to open and sometimes ended up spilling a bit of it on my hands. I am always careful to slowly tug and rotate the top in order to get it out but my goodness that cap is on tight. Not sure how long one would last because I haven't finished one yet. I tend to use my perfumes very sparingly and with this amount, it can last forever.
I'm now keeping them stocked in a soju shotglass and I would purchase a rollerball from them next time instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment