Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nail Colors and Fashion Advice

I have quite the nail polish collection, not to brag, but my mom has jokingly stated that I have more colors than a tiny nail salon and that I should stop. I laughed it off, but then as I passed by a small salon, I realized that she was right. The horror of actually realizing that my mom was right is not something an older grown up woman should realize. So no matter how old you are, I guess mom is always right. Just to put the colors that I have to good use...


Yay! I love bright colors, and since winter is gone I can put on crazy colors again. A word of warning, if you intend to have bright nails, and makeup, I recommend going easy on the clothes. I had to change into a dark pair of jeans and a white tee after my sister told me that my bright green striped shirt and colorful jewelery made me look like a circus clown reject. She said, and I quote "What the Hell, Kel, you look like you tried out for the clown position and failed because you weren't bright enough, yet it looks like you tried hard, really hard." But on the bright side I got compliments on my nails from a waitress where I went for brunch. But these started to chip easily and I had to switch.
Back to dark colored nails. Whomp, Whomp, Whomp..Fail. But I swear these are temporary, and as soon as the weekend comes, I'm going back to bright colors and revisit all of the colors in my polish collection instead of buying new ones this summer. None of the polishes look really good, unless its the mint green ones that I've been eyeing but can't find at my local drugstores. If I find it, then, awww snap... Watch out! Mama will open up a spot for that one in her collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment