Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Showers Bring...

...waterproof eyeliners. It has been raining quite a bit here, and because of that I've been wearing less makeup. I never want something to smudge, and there are a few products, that keep my makeup on, even when I'm melting. I have never had an eyeliner that truly stayed on my skin without it smudging. Even the famed Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes smudges something fierce on my eyelid, and I never line my lower lids completely. But ever since I bought this Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Liner Sealer, I no longer have to worry about my upper lid eyeliner from either creasing, flaking, smudging and disappearing. $18, and the best investment I have ever made, besides the Etude Dr. Fixer.

Comes like this in a stopper bottle and a well. It states that you can mix pigments and eyeshadows, to make eyeliners, but I never got the consistency right, and always had this flake on me. I use this to set my eyeliner, and have used this on my pencil, liquid and gel eyeliners, and it has worked on all three. You need to barely dampen your brush and pat it on, no swiping, or else it will wipe off the liner. Then wait for it to dry. It takes about a minute to dry, so don't open your eyes fully. You need very little, and sometimes, even one drop is too much. And make sure to clean your brush after, or else it will get stiff and will need to clean it with a dishwashing soap.

This thing lasts forever, and as an example, I got caught in the rain with a broken umbrella, and had to walk four blocks in the rain, with no umbrella. But yet when I got home, my Urban Decay liquid eyeliner was still on. The only strange thing, is that it smudges on my lower lashline, but not the top and I would not out this on my waterline. Sure it may not seem like much, but for people like me, who have struggled with smudgy eyeliner, this is perfect. Btw, best combo, is the Wet N' Wild creme liner, plus this, and I believe that you can go out in a rainstorm and still have perfect eyeliner.

My precious HG. People who don't have oily lids, can probably just use the Wet N' Wild creme liner, but oily, heavily hooded people, you need this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment