Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tea Tree Oil Treatment

My skin has it's ups and downs but for the most part, it has been on high alert and a good part of my upper body is covered up acne. It's probably stress and a crappy diet. I've been eating less greens and more prepackaged stuff along with nightly snack raids, and it has not been doing me any good.

I've been using Hollywood Beauty's Tea Tree Oil mixture that I bought at Rite aid for around $4 and it's not 100% but mixed with other oils with the main one being Soybean Oil. Not too glad about that but I would probably see if I can get 100% next time. I've been using this sparingly, for the first week. I moistened a cotton pad with with water and added a drop pf this oil and ran it on my face with no moisturizer afterwards. For nighttime, I would use my regular facial lotion mixed with my Philosophy C booster to help lighten up any marks. Now, I apply a drop of oil directly on my face and blot any extra off with a tissue.

WARNING: This post contains nasty and graphic pictures of acne marked skin. So look at your own risk!

OK, with that out of the way, this is week 1.

I have massive cystic pimples all over the right side of my skin. With redness and bumps all over my skin. Ouch.

Week 4 results:
Cystic acne is mostly gone but left with tiny bumps on the skin. No real inflammation left, but still has red acne marks left over.

Right Side Week 1: Not as bad as the other side, but still has tiny pimples and a good amount of redness.
Week 4: No big change except for a tiny decrease in pimples.
I haven't gotten anymore cystic acne, but I am left with tiny bumps. I might just go back to the cotton pad method just to see if it's the oil clogging up the pores, since I've been using it a bit drastically in my fourth week. Overall, this maybe a routine I might stick to, just to see how well it plays out. I'll keep you updated, but this method is not one that I'd thoroughly recommend yet. I liked it when I first started it, but the tiny bumps worry me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment