Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nars Lipgloss in Easy Lover

The weather here in the big apple has been a fickle mistress lately and I just can't stand it. I'll just chill with pitcher of Sangria one day, then slurping chicken noodle soup the next day. Just so you know, only my feet, hands and the tip of my nose get extremely cold whenever there is a cold snap in the air and I hate it. Goodbye summer and curse you fall. Surprisingly enough, fall is my favorite season because I can get a bit more creative with everything ranging from food to clothing. I also love the different scents of fall.

The stand out product for me this summer has to be the Nars Lipgloss in Easy Lover. It is pricey at $24 and this is one of those products that I want to repurchase but shouldn't because of the high price tag.
It looks hot pink with a blueish sheen to it in the tub but do not let this deceive you. The lipgloss comes in typical Nars-ish packaging with what looks to be 8g of product. Searching for the amount of product almost made me go cross eyed. Warning : The print is extremely small. I managed to get this in a set for a really good price long ago, but sadly the set is no longer available.
See how bright that looks! However, if you're looking for a strong hot pink gloss, look elsewhere.

This lip gloss is extremely sheer, but that's the charm. Easy lover gives a nice flush to the lips and tends to brighten up my whole face. For some reason, whenever I apply this gloss, my skin looks younger and clearer. The doe foot applicator makes application easy while the lipgloss tends to be a tad bit sticky. Usually I don't like sticky glosses but for some reason, I really like the texture and feel of this one. It doesn't feel liquidy but feels dense and I gives off a high gloss shine.

See how bright and pink my lips look! My natural color is a nice mauve, but for some reason, this gloss tends to make it more lighter and pink. I lurve this so much and it's perfect for those who want a sheer pop of bright color on the lips.

By the way, my mother told me this tip for getting rid of cold hands and feet. She used to be the same way until she got pregnant. The cure cold hands and feet, according to my mother, go get knocked up. Geez, between her and my grandmother, it's a miracle I didn't end up being a troubled teen mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment