Sunday, September 4, 2011

Revlon's Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer in Medium

I've never really needed concealers for my under eye area because I have don't have harsh dark circles. While I was at the drugstore, I saw this product at the clearance bin and thought to try it out. Originally I had purchased this for the purpose of concealing blemishes and acne marks, but since the color range and the lighting was off at the drugstore, I think I got the wrong color.
Revlon's Age Defying Concealer in Medium, with Spf 25, was what I had purchased, and right now, I'm still on the fence about it. Get ready to see a bunch of close up eye pictures.


This is my face with nothing but moisturizer and eye cream. See, very little discoloration under the eye, and most of it is concentrated in the lower inner corner.

The lightest color in the range seemed to be too light, but this was the only other one step up in color range that was available. This ended up being too orange and a tad bit too dark on my skin, so I decided to put this to the test on my under eye area. It's a bit creamier than liquid concealer and it comes in a squeeze tube that makes it easier to regulate how much product comes out of it. It was easy to blend with my fingers and like all concealers, a little bit goes a long way.

This is with the concealer blended in with no powder. The lighting make it seem like my under eye got darker, but this concealer seemed to do the trick in covering up the discoloration. The only off thing that bothers me is the color. If I place this anywhere else besides the area of discoloration, it tends to make the skin around it seem orange. So I have to be extra careful where to place the product.

This is the picture after applying Maybelline Dream Matte powder under the eyes. It settles a bit into my fine lines, but I have not yet come across a concealer that did not do so. After a couple of hours and when my natural oils began to shine, the concealer seems to blend into the skin better and doesn't seem to accentuate the fine lines much. The concealer lasts for a good while under the eyes and while I'm fairly satisfied with this product; I feel as if this product may not be as good for people with darker circles. I have heard that the color comes in Light/Medium, so maybe that might be a better fit for next time.

I've noticed that the sale and the $10 or less gift section of Sephora is a dangerous place to visit for a girl who is watching her makeup budget. There are more than a couple of things I am dying to try out, including the Sephora Brand Smoky Khol and Jumbo eyeliners. Hope I see a more reviews on them soon, or else I may be tempted to try them myself. I'm also starting a new skincare routine that may or may not make me out to be more hideous than before, so hopefully things will turn out for the better rather than worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment