Thursday, September 15, 2011

Green Tea Frappuccino

Way back when, I told you that I will do non-beauty related posts and finally the day has come. This post will be unnecessary to most so feel free to wait for the next one. If you've ever tried a Green Tea Frappuccino at Starbucks, you'll know that green tea tastes nothing like this and the maker of this drink should be put down, but as months go by, one day you'll just crave this drink without even noticing why. While I'm not a master barista, I think I've figured out their secret.

If you didn't know Starbucks seems to be using Tazo products for their tea blends and while I was at Target one day, I picked out the one thing that would make my homemade frapp a success.
BAM! A matcha concentrate that is not only good but on clearance. Now I know what people mean when they say "this is a sweet deal" (bad pun). I don't have to add any extra sugar and while the instruction tells me to warm this up, I can drink this hot or cold. Add about 1 1/2 cup of this to 1cup of milk. You can adjust this ratio depending on your taste. I prefer mine to taste more green teay.
Now listen people, I know milk is pricey but you will taste a difference when you switch to organic milk. The milk tastes creamier and richer even when it's 1%, so it's even better for you then regular milk. I don't have the balls to switch to skim, but I plan to one day. So go around and start trying out different brands; I personally recommend the Target and the Waldbaums brand over the Horizon brand. However, the best milk that I have ever tasted was from Tel Aviv; I don't remember the brand but it was so darn good. If you live in Israel, you have the best tasting milk evar... you lucky bums.

Now fill your blender or the magic bullet look alike with about 4-5 ice cubes, and blend away.
This has been the representative drink of the summer for me, and I've gone through cartons of milk by drinking this everyday. While coffee is the ambrosia all year round, I really enjoyed this and it is a perfect rip off of Starbuck's Green Tea Frappuccino, minus the cost. Since colder weather is approaching at a rapid pace, I plan to switch to homemade hot chocolate and yuzu tea. Yuzu or citron tea is the bomb-diggity when it comes to winter drinks but for this summer, my Green Tea Frappuccino has been a real champ.

I've been experimenting with Tea Tree Oil and I've been using it for about three weeks, so I'll post a review on that when I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment