Thursday, July 28, 2011

Non Makeup Blog Post

I was cleaning out my desk and other things when I noticed that my wallet was looking a bit raggedy. I don't know if anyone does this but I always have extra wallets lying around due to Christmas and birthday gifts. So I was emptying my wallet out and believe it or not, I started getting sentimental. Cleaning out the junk and removing cards and things in there that you for got existed made a great trip through memory lane. I know this post is going to be a bit wth-ish but I just felt like putting it up.

My trusty old wallet that I've had for over five years. I got it as a gift from my sister at the Sanrio store in Times Square. That store is way overpriced and usually just a browsing stop when I have free time near that area.
Doesn't the kitty look so dirty? It started out life as a beige canvas wallet but now it's almost a khaki color now. Poor wallet. This wallet was a beast with pockets left and right, with a length from the tip of my hand to the middle of my forearm and it had a real heft to it that was useful for beating up would be muggers. I could never loose this in my purse but its size made light traveling a hassle.
Bye Hello Kitty and hello to my new basic black wallet. It's a bit thick but a bit more portable than my last one and I'm not too worried about getting it dirty. Honestly, it's a bit boring but I have to be an adult someday. I can't keep carrying around Hello Kitty forever.

I'm also a bit of a pack rat and managed to find my first ever grown up wallet that I got when my dad came home from visiting Korea. I think I just started high school and this wallet was so grownup, bright and pretty. It's still in decent condition and made me tear up a bit when I saw it again and it has got me feeling melancholy as I write this.
If I'm this emotional now, wait till I hit menopause. Geez I think I need a stiff drink now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment