Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quick Review for a Facial Sheet Mask

I was going to write a review for a beauty blender sponge like thing from e bay but I have yet to use it. Had this whole she-bang plotted in my head but I have yet to  implement any of my ideas for the review. Instead of the well planned one, I am going to give you this shoddy half-ass review. I ain't telling you nothing and I don't think a "review" is an apt word for this. 

I can't seem to find a name to this package but it looks like this. I think the name of it is ah sa mo based on the red letter next to the characters but not sure. I'm not sure if I even translated it correctly.


Do you want to know what's so weird? This whole packaging is translated into English and that might mean that it's made for English speaking customers but I have yet to see it distributed in the big asian markets. The only reason I got this was from my sister who received this as her birthday gift from my mom. I think I told you about this little boutique of asian skincare store she goes to. If you read the back, it's all comprehensible English. So if you're left wondering what goes into these things and was left with nothing but confusing Engrish from previous asian masks, then wonder no more.


It has a herbal, medicinal smell, not unlike the review for the herbal shampoo I posted before.  Come to think of it, I think they have similar packaging styles and may be related. Anyhoo, this mask came in two pieces. One for the top and one for the bottom. It came wrapped in to pieces of plastic each and was moist but not dripping. The mask also had an odd yellow tinge to it and felt a bit gelatinous to the touch. Wow, how off putting. 


See the two separate pieces? That was annoying. After applying the first top part, I was struggling to see and pick apart the plastic that the bottom part was enclosed in. That was annoying and would be better if left whole. Also the smell is quite strong but I don't mind it. For some reason, when I smell herbal and medicinal scented things, I automatically think that it's good for me and have no qualms about it. As for the quality of this collagen infused, guaranteed to restore youth without having to suck it out of a infant face mask, it's questionable  My skin did feel nice but I don't think that it made a dent in my daily, hard and downtrodden life. Sigh. I still think that the best mask is the Nature's Republic one that I reviewed before. I don't know about it restoring you or moisturizing my face but it really did brighten up my skin. Here is the list of ingredients and the instructions.


God, what a buzzkill was this review? I know father time waits for no one but come on! With my upcoming birthday month, I am in no mood to celebrate myself lately. This  lady complemented me and told me I looked 19 and I almost hugged her in gratitude. I was told that after turning 30, age becomes insignificant but I don't believe them. What a bunch of liars. I'm looking at that age and I just can't seem to stop hyperventilating. I always told my parents that I was turning old starting from age 11 and now I'm here deluding myself that I'm perfect and in the prime of my youth. But between you and me, that's a bunch of crock. Tell me the truth, does it get any easier? Is it because I'm unmarried and without kids? Because according to my mother, that's exactly why I'm panicking. The whole by the time I was your age nonsense. Screw that, I have an active imagination and will continue to reside in fantasy land until I can act in a mature and adult manner. Commencing thumbs in ears and humming elevator music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment