Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Givenchy's Hydra Sparkling Velvet Luminescence Moisturizing Cream

Please excuse me for writing nothing about makeup and writing all about skincare. I just haven't purchased anything in a while. This is going to be a quick general review on the Givenchy's Hydra Sparkling Velvet Luminescence Moisturizing Cream for extra dry skin. I've used this once myself but the main prerogative comes from my sister. When I ask her about it, she just tells me that it's good and to stop bothering her. If she though that I was bothering her then, she has no idea what I'm truly capable of. 

This costs around $54 dollars at Sephora and is meant for dry skin. The packaging comes in a sturdy plastic jar and looks luxurious. It's a 50ml jar and only a pea sized amount is needed.

It's a strong scented, thick but lightweight on the skin, kind of cream that does a fairly decent job moisturizing.


Just mentioning the scent again because it is so strong and doesn't really fade. I put some around my dry nose and it was the only thing that I could smell. I tried applying it on the face and it was moisturizing but it broke me out on the chin. It settles in nicely and dries pretty quickly. Remember the Dior review when I stated that Dior left a nice sheen on the face? This doesn't do that. Once it dries, it dries. Look at my dry hands.


Application


Now, this is the final result. It takes care of the dry flakes but it still didn't feel refreshing and moisturizing.  It just didn't feel dry anymore.


I don't think that it was worth the price and honestly, I would spend my money on something else. My sister would defect back to Dior and wouldn't repurchase. I should also mention that the Christmas gift was a hit and now she's stuck between buying their essence or the Lancome's genifique.

It's been a while since I've written a review and I'll try to be diligent about it. I just wasn't interested in this product and didn't care for it. I would also write something witty or anger-filled but no. It's pretty dull here so far. I already have the idea for the next post and it's just a matter of testing and writing it. Lol. That's the whole thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment