Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Packing for Traveling

When looking at which makeup to bring traveling, I always have these three things in mind. Disposable, versatile and necessary. I try to bring not only makeup but also clothes that fit into these three categories. I don't want to worry about losing something that I can't replace nor do I want to bog myself down with extra items that I'm not going to use. I've always been the type to pack months worth of clothing for a week long trip but I've managed to outgrow the habit. Last time I went on a trip to Maine, I managed not to wear a lick of makeup and I have a feeling that this time won't be much different.

 I am packing the elf neutral Beauty Encyclopedia, Co Bigelow lipgloss, Smashbox Luminizing Lotion, Burt Bee's eye cream, Benefit's concealer, Stila Convertible in lilium, Benefit's Lemonaide and my Etude House Powder. Fairly basic and the only items that I'd regret losing is the Etude House powder and the Stila color.

I swatched from L to R: Etude House Powder, Lemonaide, Lilium, Luminizor and the concealer. 
This is the beauty palette. A good mix of neutrals. I'm not the type to wear really bright makeup, so this is perfect. If I need anything else I know that my sister will pack the rest. She tends to go crazy with the lip stains. Crazy.

I'll only be gone for the week and I promised myself to take a lot of pictures. I took a good amount of pictures for all my other trip but never put them up because I feel uncomfortable putting up our faces, so it'll mostly be scenery and food. Plus, this blog really isn't that big, so I shouldn't really worry. I also have samples from Nature's Republic that I got from my mom's friend who went to Korea. We asked for nothing but she brought us face masks and samples. My sister ended up with the masks and I with the samples. Ass end of the deal. Rather than rebelling and getting an ass whooping, am very excited to try the brand, because I've never tried it before. Don't know if I can comfortably do reviews since they are sample sizes and I won't be able to try them out long. Oh well, I've done reviews based on worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment